500 câu bài tập collocation ôn thi TN THPT
1. His father used to be a _______ professor at the university. Many students worshipped him..
A. distinct B. distinctive C. distinguishing D. distinguished
2. Mark Zuckerberg’s enormous success has taken a lot of hardwork and _______.
A. indifference B. dedication C. loyalty D. reputation
3. During the Medieval period, people were made public _______ of being witches.
A. complaint B. criminal C. trouble D. accusation
4. He is _______ -influenced by his father and grandfather. His behaviors and decisions are exactly the same.
A. mightily B. strongly C. terribly D. weakly
5. At the age of 50, Robby William _______ his career after spending his twenty years playing electric guitar.
A. moved B. changed C. adjusted D. stopped
6. She has a wonderful voice but unfortunately, she never gets the _______ to sing in public.
A. event B. occasion C. ability D. chance
7. Thanks to the help of the teacher, she is _______ encouraging progress in math.
A. doing B. making C. checking D. stopping
8. The _______ of the soil reduced the productivity of the farm.
A. fertility B. hardship C. poverty D. inadequacy
9. Each child had to _______ a short speech to the rest of the class.
A. do B. carry out C . make D. take
10. Although it was more than an hour late, the superstar finally showed up and _______ the attention of the audience.
A. grabbed B. held C. paid D. took
11. Has the interviewer _______ the date? Yes, it’s on next Monday.
A. amend B. fixed C. moved D. revised
12. Don’t worry. We’re in good time; there’s _______ to hurry.
A. impossible B. no need C. no purpose D. unnecessary
13. Overpopulation in urban areas tends to create unfavourable conditions, which may result in _______ of food in developing countries.
A. damages B. failures C. shortages D. supplies
14. He wasn’t able to _______ with the stresses and strains of the job.
A. catch B. come C. cope D. handle
15. During the lesson, if you have questions or comments, please feel free to _______ them.
A. enlarge B. increase C. go up D. raise
16. We have to come to the conclusion. We are _______ out of time.
A. driving B. going C. running D. walking
17. Thanks to the development in technology, students have _______ to good resources.
A. adapt B. access C. assist D. assess
18. Poaching _______ the greatest threat to many species.
A. creates B. presents C. poses D. produces
19. In Africa, people’s interference in the rhino’s _______ leads to habitat loss.
A. sector B. territory C. domain D. country
20. I never leave any electrical appliances on standby and I think it is a good way to _______ energy in the home.
A. look B. use C. keep D. conserve
21. Every _______ piece of equipment was sent to the fire.
A. consumable B. spendable C. available D. disposable
22. In the _______ agriculture, farmers try to limit the use of chemicals and fertilizers.
A. sustainable B. conserving C. preserving D. supporting
23. In Singapore, people try to _______ 80% of all waste.
A. reprocess B. reclaim C. recycle D. reuse
24. A good leader in globalization is not to impose but _______ change.
A. facilitate B. cause C. show D. oppose
25. Information technology has _______ our lives.
A. evolved B. reserved C. assimilated D. transformed
26. We need to act quickly to _______ to climate change, or it will be a disaster for the whole planet.
A. adapt B. go back C. reverse D. transit
27. The mass media are _______ of communication, such as books, newspapers, recordings, radio, movies, television, mobile phones and the Internet.
A. models. B. means C. parts D. types
28. TV companies _______ their programmes across the country or even across the world.
A. broadcast B. refresh C. connect D. publish
29. While a sports match has spectators and radio has listeners, television has _______.
A. audience B. witnesses C. viewers D. commentators
30. I hate _______ newspapers; they’re just full of gossip, scandal and lies!
A. online B. daily C. tabloid D. rubbish
31. On some TV channels, a(n) _______ tells you what the next programme is going to be.
A. journalist B. commentator C. announcer D. producer
32. The _______ involves TV, radio and even electronic forms of communication such as the Internet.
A. media B. press C. network D. telecommunication
33. There’s a(n) _______ in the paper about the Reality Television in Viet Nam.
A. feature B. article C. essay D. announcement
34. I always get the news from my local radio ____.
A. place B. site C. studio D. station
35. It is not always easy to _______ the difference between fact and opinion.
A. make B. say C. do D. tell
36. In my _______, freedom of the press must be maintained.
A. mind B. sight C. view D. thought
37. Media mogul Ronald Morduck has _______ control of another tabloid.
A. made B. given C. found D. taken
38. Some people feel a strong _______ to keep their cultural identities.
A. craving B. pressure C. urge D. wish
39. Unluckily, David’s dangerous and incredible journey in search of the Blue Fairy is in _______.
A. advance B. danger C. end D. vain
40. GPS systems help a lot of people _______ on land, on the sea, and in the air.
A. inform B . interfere C. navigate D. reunite
41. Researchers have _______ to the conclusion that your personality is affected by your genes.
A. arrived B. come C. got D. reached
42. It is likely that artificial intelligence might decide to _______ an end to humanity simply because it surpasses human intelligence.
A. come B. make C. put D. take
43. I don’t think people should be allowed to _______ experiments on animals.
A. create B. make C. perform D. produce
44. When the factory closed, over a hundred people were _______ redundant.
A. made B. given C. taken D. done
45. I’d like to speak to the person in _______ please.
A. duty B. responsibility C. obligation D. charge
46. I would be grateful for an opportunity to visit your company and discuss my application with you _______.
A. in privacy B. individually C. privately D. in person
47. The President _______ tribute to all the people who had supported him.
A. made B. gave C. paid D. did
48. I _______ a liking to my new doctor the moment I met her.
A. got B. took C. had D. made
49. I _______ a feeling I had met Richard before, but I couldn’t remember where.
A. gave B. made C. had D. took
50. She has always been _______ concerned about the environment and would like to work for a conservation agency.
A. deeply B. totally C. strongly D. really
II. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Mrs Dawson said that we are _______ our lesson in the library next Monday.
A. going B. having C. making D. reading
2. If you need to _______ the teacher’s attention, just put up your hand.
A. attract B. pay C. take D. pull
3. The greenhouse _______ takes place when certain gases in the atmosphere trap sun’s heat.
A. emission B. gas C. effect D. affect
4. They ______ sacrifices so that their only child could have a good education.
A. made B. did C. provided D. lent
5. After the visit to that special school, we _______ friends with some students with reading disabilities.
A. acquainted B. had C. made D. realised
6. One aim of the International Day of Persons with disabilities is to further _______ awareness of disability issues.
A. raise B. rise C. increase D. pull
7. Generation _______ is the difference in the thoughts and viewpoints amongst generations living together.
A. distance B. gap C. spa D. difference
8. I was tired and couldn’t ______ on doing my research project properly.
A. concentrate B. look C. pay attention D. Both A and C
9. My parents don’t let me get married until I graduate from university and they never _______ their mind about that.
A. keep B. impose C. focus D. change
10. My father used to _______ a lot of challenges before establishing his own insurance company.
A. provide B. enjoy C. give D. face
11. My mother _______ the responsibility for running the household.
A. holds B. takes C. runs D. bears
12. During the last hundred years we have _______ great damage to the environment.
A. made B. achieved C. done D. paid
13. The kids are being scolded for _______ noise in the lunchtime.
A. doing B. making C. having D. taking
14. When I first started learning English ten years ago, I could hardly _______ a word – “hello”, “goodbye”, “thank you” was just about it!
A. speak B. talk C. say D. tell
15. I went to classes two evenings a week and I was surprised at how quickly I _______ progress.
A. had B. made C. did D. produced
16. Some Koreans believe that it’s impolite to _______ eye contact with a person who has a high position.
A. maintain B. lose C. show D. put
17. On many days of the year, Vietnamese people not only _______ the table for meals, but they also put food on the altar for their ancestors.
A. lay B. lie C. book D. clear
18. They visit a retirement home and _______ time doing fun activities with the elderly who lack immediate family.
A. spend B. lose C. waste D. consume
19. Both CARE and Oxfam organisations have programmes to help people in underdeveloped countries _______ their lives.
A. make B. risk C. improve D. start
20. She had to _______ her First Certificate Exam three times.
A. study B. take C. make D. do
21. In some Asian countries, the groom and bride _______ their wedding rings in front of the altar.
A. change B. exchange C. give D. take
22. Superstitions _______ an important part in the lives of many people in Viet Nam.
A. take B. act C. occupy D. play
23. Traditionally, most Vietnamese people never _______ the floor during the first three days of the New Year.
A. sweep B. paint C. polish D. resurface
24. The “Marching song” was adopted as the national _______ of Viet Nam in 1945.
A. anthem B. song C. flag D. identity
25. He likes to _______ a nap for an hour when he arrives home from work.
A. do B. get C. make D. take
26. I’ve been a night owl ______ up late for years, hitting the sheets anytime between 12 and 3 a.m.
A. finishing B. getting C. staying D. waking
27. It’s not too late to _______ your bad habits (smoking, drinking, overeating, etc.) and immediately start living a happier, healthier life.
A. get rid B. give on C. kick D. remember
28. Some foods and spices may _______ your breath for days after a meal.
A. damage B. harm C. reduce D. spoil
29. Food and drinks which strongly _______ the body can cause stress.
A. boost B. develop C. encourage D. stimulate
30. Acupuncture modality relies on sophisticated skills to select appropriate acupoints to _______ needles accurately.
A. infuse B. inject C. insert D. install
31. Linh can’t go out with us to see a movie now because she’s _______ meal.
A. preparing B. making C. arranging D. keeping
32. Ms. Mai asked me how she could _______ household chores equally in her family.
A. make B. divide C. give D. contribute
33. In my family, my father always takes charge of doing the _______ lifting.
A. strong B. hard C. heavy D. huge
34. My mother told me to do the _______ yesterday but I forgot about it since I had much homework to finish.
A. wash-up B. laundry C. childcare D. exercises
35. _______out the rubbish in the early morning is a part of my daily routine.
A. Taking B. Coming C. Pulling D. Bringing
36. My wife is going on her business next week so I have to _______ most of the chores around the house.
A. distribute B. hold C. take D. handle
37. To Hoa, her father is the greatest person in the world and he always sets a good _______ for her.
A. role B. behaviour C. example D. action
38. Most people will receive _______ benefits when sharing the housework in their family.
A. large B. big C. enormous D. strong
39. The idea to_______ a visit to the local council residence was welcomed by all the visitors.
A. walk B. go C. pay D. do
40. Einstein _______ a great impact on modern physics.
A. feels B. does C. affect D. has
41. At the age of 50, Robby William _______ his career after spending his twenty years playing electric guitar.
A. moved B. changed C. adjusted D. stopped
42. I always get the news from my local radio _______.
A. place B. site C. studio D. station
43. Johnny Depp rarely _______ invitations to do interviews.
A. agrees B. accepts C. denies D. approves
44. Video and computer games have also developed into a _______ media form.
A. mess B. big C. mass D. global
45. Most governments tax people on the amount of money they _______ each year.
A. win B. gain C. earn D. benefit
46. When you _______ the interview, remember to bring some sample of your work.
A. apply B. join C. attend D. make
47. Exhaust _______ from cars are responsible for much of the air pollution in cities.
A. fumes B. smokes C. gases D . smog
48. The mass media are _______ of communication, such as books, newspapers, recordings, radio, movies, television, mobile phones and the Internet.
A. models B. means C. parts D. types
49. One of the ways we _______ our teenager’s needs as parents is by giving them attention.
A. watch B. solve C. share D. meet
50. The bride and groom cut the wedding cake and _______ speeches.
A. prepared B. wrote C. heard D. made
III. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences.
1. If you don’t want your business to _______ bankrupt, avoid consulting those willing to step out on a limb.
A. come B. take C. go D. pay
2. Lawyers are naturally keen to have _______ with anyone who could provide him with incontrovertible eviedences concerning the lawsuits they’re in charge.
A. contact B. association C. connection D. communication
3. In Physic class, we are told that resistance wire can be found in an electrical _______ such as a heater or an oven.
A. device B. appliance C. untensil D. gadget
4. Entering the meeting half an hour late, he tried to _______ an excuse, still the strict chairman of the board told him to leave the room.
A. make B. do C. give D. have
5. It seems that they had had a _______ row, as she had locked him out of the aparment all night long.
A. freezing B. warming C. grieving D. blazing
6. The recent heavy rains have contributed to ease the water _______ resulted from the severe prolonged drought.
A. shortage B. lack C. absence D. deprivation
7. Students in private school often receive more _______ attention from their teacher; therefore, they have more chance to reach their full learning potential.
A. personal B. individual C. distinctive D. unique
8. That manuufacturer is worldly-known for selecting only ingredients that meet their very strict _______ of quality and renewability.
A. demands B. necessities C. criterions D. requirements
9. Despite the development of e-books and online reading materials, printed books are still regarded as a wonderful _______ of entertainment.
A. resource B. place C. source D. replacement
10. Some teachers have tendency to _______ preference to students with disadvantaged backgrounds sich as poor and handicapped students.
A. lend B. give C. deliver D. send
11. There was a time when human beings worried that all of the earth’s surface would be _______ covered with lava were a giant meteor to hit the planet.
A. thickly B. fully C. densely D. totally
12. As estimated in the report, the storm _______ great damage to not only the coastal cities but the mountainous areas as well.
A. make B. cause C. lead D. bring
13. If traipsing around shops does not _______ to you, perhaps using a catalogue will do.
A. appear B. attract C. access D. appeal
14. The influence of the last _______ 12 storm on the central region is so disruptive that the local authority had to spend months to surmount the consequence.
A. power B. energy C. force D. velocity
15. He’s praised for processing a distinctive _______ style which was plain and factual, without witticisms or flourishes.
A. literature B. literal C. literary D. literally
16. She did agree to lend him some money; nevertheless, after being told that he was a blackleg, she _______ a second thought.
A. transferred B. changed C. made D. gave
17. Had it not been for its cautiously prepared performance, the play could not have _______ most of the audience to tears.
A. moved B. given C. brought D. travelled
18. His mother encouraged him to take up some sports and do exercise regularly in order to stay in _______.
A. shadow B. shape C. shield D. shell
19. In the 19th century, a group of archeologist explored an ancient castle in West Austria and found lots of precious pottery utensils _______ 50 meters.
A. in the depth of B. at the deep of C. at the depth of D. in the deep of
20. Thanks to our continuous attempt, the year-end brochure will be _______ for publication in late November.
A. ready B. willing C. capable D. agile
21. There are all kinds of giveaway which could be used _______ product samples.
A. in point of B. in advance of C. in need of D. in place of
22. He desperately wishes to _______ a living through writing but his writings are so dull that no published agree to publish them.
A. earn B. do C. save D. accumulate
23. The inner city’s traffic eventually came to a _______ as a seriously-injured accident happened.
A. delay B. inaction C. gridlock D. standstill
24. Although the Internet is thought to give children opportunities to _______ their minds, reports has shown its negative effect on children’s mental health.
A. enlarge B. broaden C. spread D. open
25. I should have been offered that job had I arrived in time for the interview, but I _______ my chance.
A. threw B. flew C. blew D. drew
26. The goal of the conference is to _______ a compromise between the two nations in terms of military and economy.
A. have B. reach C. make D. touch
27. It’s not difficult to recognise the _______ contrast between the lives of the poorest and the richest members of society.
A. acute B. tampering C. briery D. sharp
28. President Gorbachev demanded and got more and more personal power, although he was _______ able to use it effectively.
A. rarely B. scantly C. faintly D. hardly
29. She was one of the few of the younger generation who took the time to _______ a conference questionaire seriously.
A. get B. take C. put D. give
30. The living condition which children in slum areas of Africa is _______ belief.
A. over B. beyond C. above D. off
31. The celebrity lost her temper when realising that the evening dress she had ordered online was completly ____ in her size.
A. out of stock B. out of order C. out of touch D. out of sight
32. For some reasons, pollution in big cities can be to _______ for severe traffic congestion and poor waste treatment.
A. criticise B. accuse C. blame D. imply
33. The kidnapper promised not to _______ the child harm if her affluent parents gave him a large amount of money.
A. make B. give C. do D. bring
34. The bank client was clever to _______ a pretense of giving the robber some money while her colleague called the police.
A. take B. make C. have D. do
35. The litte girl has such a deep _______ for her newly-born brother that she spends almost all her day off playing with him.
A. emotion B. endearment C. passion D. affection
36. This year our company lost £5 million, which is a far _______ from last year’s £80 million profit.
A. laugh B. smile C. cry D. frown
37. My mom told me that it was _______ crying over spilt milk; therefore, I never feel bad with poor marks.
A. a waste time B. a waste of time C. a time waste D. a time of waste
38. To avoid hurting the witnesses’ feelings, the judge didn’t _ detail about the scene of the murder case.
A. go through B. go into C. go over D. go down
39. To be honest, the twins _______ a lot of resemblance to each other; as a result, it takes time to tell them apart.
A. carry B. maintain C. bear D. evade
40. After seeing my medical record, the doctor advised me to have an operation without _______.
A. postponement B. setback C. interruption D. delay
41. Had he not remembered _______ that his passport was in his coat pocket, he would have had his flight cancelled.
A. for the time being B. behind the time
C. ahead of his time D. in the nick of time
42. Now that you have spent all day typing the report, it’s time for you to _______ a rest.
A. pay B. make C. take D. give
43. She is narrating the accident in great _______ so that the police can find the cause of it.
A. feature B. detail C. figure D. detachment
44. It was very kind of Peter to _______ me a favor. Had it not been for his help, I would not have finished my cleaning.
A. do B. have C. give D. bring
45. After several days persuadiing, eventually I _______ my parents’ permission to attend my boy’s friend’s birthday party.
A. had B. took C. held D. got
46. To be honest, she shouldn’t have bellieved in the stories he told. He’s just a _______ talker.
A. huge B. broad C. large D. big
47. So nerve-wracing seemed the news that everyone _______ their breath to wait for it.
A. kept B. held C. put D. had
48. Despite their effort to boost the revenue of the company, they failed to _______ the objective established 3 months ago.
A. attain B. regain C. retain D. obtain
49. The doctor advised her to _______ a heart valves operation; otherwise, her health will get worse.
A. take B. get C. have D. do
50. I’m on cloud nine because the lecturer _______ me a compliment at class this morning.
A. paid B. gave C put D. gained
51. The last points he gave at the debate bear no _______ to the overall topic, which enables the opponent team to win.
A. relationship B. relation C. relative D. related
52. Having a talented and successful brother, I’m often told to _______ his example.
A. adopt B. pursue C. shadow D. follow
53. By the time the campaign was held, the organisation had _______ a survey on what youngsters think of cohabitation.
A. conveyed B. confirmed C. conducted D. connected
54. _______ smokers are more likely to go down with lung cancer than those who don’t have the habit of smoking.
A. strong B. great C. big D. heavy
55. It’s high time she had to _______ a decision whether to take the job offer or not.
A. make B. come C. bring D. get
56. World War II definitely _______ the growth of worldwide economy, contributing to poverty and death in participating countries.
A. avoid B. curb C. evade D. reccess
57. The government claims that every citizen in the country must _______ the traffic rule in order to save their own life.
A. comply B. obey C. adhere D. perform
58. A _______ number of elephants are being killed for ivory across the country.
A. large B. big C. broad D. ample
59. Eliud Kipchoge, an athlete from Kenya, is said to have _______ the marathon record with the result of 02:01:39.
A. cracked B. clothed C. broken D. divided
60. It was a ten-year-old students on his way home that was _______ injured in the road accident this morning.
A. seriously B. perilously C. gravely D. harmfully
61. In celebration for my parents’ wedding anniversary, my father is going to call the restaurant to reserve _______ a table of five.
A. to B. for C. on D. with
62. Had her younger brother dressed warm enough last night, he wouldn’t have _______ a cold this morning.
A. grabbed B. reached C. caught D. attained
63. After several years hard of hearing, my grandmother _______ deaf the age of eighty-four.
A. made B. took C. went D. bore
64. Even though moving away, the boy next door still tried to _______ with me via emails.
A. keep in touch B. be in touch
C. make a call D. have a connection
65. It took the police half a year to investigate the case and find the evidence _______ enough to accuse the muderer of his crime.
A. heavy B. large C. hard D. strong
66. When I entered the room, Tom was sitting silently on the couch, in _______ thought.
A. broad B. deep C. profound D. sunk
67. It may be a _______ mistake to say that he is a caring person. In fact, he hardly spends time with his family.
A. full B. vast C. big D. huge
68. After weeks of staying in the hospital he recovered and now his health is in good _______.
A. condition B. situation C. edition D. conception
69. His discovery of the new drug has _______ a difference in medical sector.
A. done B. given C. made D. brought
70. Some developed countries can take advantage of its _______ strength to invest in domestic and foreign corporation.
A. economics B. economical C. economistic D. economic
71. The project wil prove efficient in the long _______; therefore, it’s time to conduct it.
A. jump B. run C. walk D. hike
72. Some scientists spend all their lives _______ researches on a specific subject and became successful but some didn’t.
A. making B. having C. doing D. getting
73. My little puppy _______ missing 4 days ago and wherever I tried to find him, he didn’t appear.
A. went B. did C. made D. got
74. They _______ oppose killing dogs for food; therefore, you shouldn’t talk about dog meet in front of them.
A. bitterly B. really C. fairly D. extremely
75. While listening to the teacher, the students attempted to _______ notes so that they can revise the lesson at home.
A. make B. take C. break D. give
76. All the characters in his fiction are _______ imaginary, but readers can always find them familiar.
A. wholly B. utterly C. barely D. purely
77. They had to manage a lot to _______ ends meet in the former days due to the influence of war.
A. have B. get C. make D. do
78. It’s _______ hot outside, so take an umbrella with you whenever going out.
A. cooling B. frying C. boiling D. freezing
79. However hard she tried, she couldn’t make a(n) _______ on the boy next door.
A. confession B. impression C. expression D. possession
80. No sooner had I gone out of the shop than I caught _______ of my boyfriend hand in hand with another girl.
A. sight B. light C. tight D. might
81. My sister is a _______ spender who is willing to spend huge amount of money on shopping.
A. heavy B. strong C. great D. big
82. Pollution is the _______ of the environemnt in general and our health in particular.
A. commitment B. detriment C. measurement D. employment
83. To _______ the audience’s attention, the speaker stopped some minutes and told a joke before starting a new point.
A. keep B. take C. give D. hold
84. The company’s productivity has increased _______ for the last three months.
A. highly B. entirely C. largely D. markedly
85. Slamming the door, one reporter stepped into the room and _______ the news on a road accident.
A. broke B. cracked C. split D. wrapped
86. The new law will soon come into _______ after being passed by the constitution.
A. practice B. force C. influence D. reality
87. Deforestation has driven wild animals to the ____ of extinction.
A. verge B. border C. brim D. margin
88. If he hadn’t inherited an enormous legacy after his father’s death, he would have nothing _______ hand now.
A. on B. at C. in D. of
89. They went to court to divorce as the husband had realized his wife _______ a relationship with his neighbor.
A. got B. brought C. bore D. had
90. In short _______ of time, the rescue workers arrive to rescue people getting stuck in collapse.
A. episode B. duration C. interval D. period
91. Every _____ appliance has its average life span, which means it will be out of order then.
A. electrical B. electric C. electricity D. electron
92. This is the house where an elderly lady lived all _______ in the last stage of life.
A. lonely B. lone C. alone D. loner
93. The group is the collection of people interested in art, regardless of their social _______.
A. property B. status C. condition D. account
94. After weighing the pros and cons, the supporting team _______ a suggestion that motorbikes should be banned.
A. had B. made C. did D. took
95. He is certainly a hot-tempered. He can easily lose his _______ when someone say something against his opinion.
A. mood B. emotion C. spirit D. temper
96. In the social skills class, we learnt about how to make eye _______ with others in a conversation.
A. touch B. connection C. contact D. intercourse
97. _______ the absence of the Prime Minister, the meeting had to be cancelled to another day.
A. In B. On C. For D. With
98. It was a strange boy that _______ my life when I felt into water this afternoon.
A. saved B. earned C. made D. gave
99. The thing I like doing during the weekends is _______ the shopping with my family.
A. making B. going C. doing D. bringing
100. I took him nearly ten years to build a firm _______ name for his products as today.
A. brand B. label C. package D. company
101. As a matter of fact, finding a solution to ____ that issue is not that easy. We need to do more researches and surveys.
A. locate B. challenge C. answer D. address
102. People living by the river are _______ the advantage of the fertile soil for cultivation.
A. putting B. taking C. getting D. having
103. To get married to a man that is almost the same age as his father is a _______ decision of her life.
A. large B. good C. big D. huge
104. I shouldn’t have _______ lies to my mom. She could easily identify any mistake I have made.
A. told B. said C. spoke D. talked
105. We believe that it is _______ wrong to prohibit children to go to school. They need to socialize to gain more social understanding.
A. solely B. perfectly C. purely D. utterly
106. When I arrived, the children were giving their mother a hand to _______ the table.
A. put B. lay C. place D. lift
107. We can’t deny the fact that parents’ actions have an effect _______ their kids’ behaviours when they mature.
A. in B. on C. to D. with
108. Charles _______ regretted not looking after his father who has just passed away when he was in hopistal.
A. movingly B. sadly C. deeply D. severely
109. My friend, Alex, is under a lot of pressure due to the _______ workload his boss assigned to him.
A. big B. wide C. heavy D. acute
110. My brother is the kind of person that always do whatever he can to _______ his promise.
A. hold B. store C. save D. keep
111. After going over the annual financial report, the head of the board claimed that this year skim is to kick _______ the sales.
A. up B. in C. for D. to
112. Such a _______ sleeper is his sister that no boy wants to have a relationship with her.
A. ample B. heavy C. burden D. massive
113. If you park your car somewhere illegally, you will receive a _______ ticket.
A. parkage B. parked C. package D. parking
114. It is 7 km from the shopping center to the museum; however, if you _______ a short cut, the way will be much shorter.
A. give B. have C. take D. do
115. Thanks to this course, I’m _______ aware of computer software and technologies.
A. fully B. mostly C. merely D. hardly
116. Being bullied by her classmates, the little girl burst _______ tears and quickly run home.
A. for B. into C. with D. of
117. The teacher told me to take a _______ when I asked whether I should apply for that scholarship.
A. faith B. risk C. chance D. shot
118. It was my girlfriend that helped me _______ the habit of smoking.
A. destroy B. weaken C. crash D. break
119. This is the first time I have been to Ho Chi Minh City, so I’ll _______ a train instead of booking a flight.
A. get B. bring C. put D. catch
120. Hardltt had we driven into the highway when we realized that our car had _______ out of petrol.
A. moved B. led C. left D. run
121. As the speaker finished his speech, all the audience gave him a _______ of applause.
A. round B, circle C. ring D. wheel
122. On behalf of the organization, the chairman decided to _______ a meeting to discuss the new scheme.
A. run B. hold C. keep D. talk
123. He promised to tell me the truth as long as I _______ calm.
A. keep B. make C. get D. bring
124. If I hadn’t forgotten to bring along some cash, I wouldn’t have had to pay _______ credit card this morning.
A. in B. by C. on D. for
125. After discussing for more than an hour, they finally _______ to a conclusion that the project should be put forward.
A. reach B. arrive C. come D. touch
126. Because they didn’t bring along umbrella, they _______ wet in the sudden rain.
A. took B. came C. made D. got
127. What my ex told me was a _______ of lies, which disappointed me so much.
A. pack B. herd C. bundle D. load
128. In buses, we should give seats for women who are _______ a baby so that she won’t get tired.
A. taking B. doing C. bringing D. having
129. Being deprived of her little daughter, the mother _______ mad.
A. came B. went C. made D. put
130. The final exam left us completely tired. In other words, we were _______ after that exam.
A. mostly to B. out of C. barely with D. all in
131. She is the only person that I can _______ on after all.
A. put B. decide C. turn D. count
132. It’s extremely difficult to _______ the genuine and artificial painting apart, but the critic can do that as a piece of cake.
A. tell B. say C. talk D. speak
133. Although it’s the first time we’ve met each other, we tried to _______ the ice by gossiping about some bits and pieces.
A. break B. build C. melt D. feel
134. Never before has my mother spent any money _______ her hair, but today she did it.
A. making B. doing C. having D. putting
135. As the young women has just recovere from the shock, the nurse told her to take a _______ breath to calm down.
A. great B. big C. deep D. wide
136. To earn enough money for her living, she had to work _______ 6 days a week.
A. extra time B. more time C. spare time D. overtime
137. Had I not gone out late last night, I would not ____ a child now.
A. take B. catch C. bring D. get
138. It is said that _____ exercise is beneficial for the development of not only children but adults as well.
A. regular B. instant C. intense D. usual
139. This drug is recommended by the doctor to _______ the pain in your knee.
A. increase B. ease C. put D. construct
140. The story _______ to end as the main character chooses to kill herself.
A. arrived B. reached C. came D. went
141. On March 8th, Bob went to the flower shop and bought his mom a _______ of flowers.
A. flock B. load C. pile D. bunch
142. The man next door has just been arrested for _______ murder, which was really shocking to all of us.
A. commenting B. commanding C. committing D. communting
143. I believe that what he has said was far from _______ . You shouldn’t count on him.
A. true B. truth C. truly D. truthful
144. Hanoi is one of the most _______ crowded cities that has been encountered serious pollution problem in the world.
A. closely B. overly C. densely D. thickly
145. Last night storm is reported to have been the most destructive storm in the last 10 years, with _______ wind blowing all night.
A. big B. fierce C. large D. dense
146. Such an eminent General as General VO Nguyen Giap that hundreds of people all across the country came to _______ their respect for him at his funeral in 2013.
A. take B. throw C. put D. pay
147. So many different ideas are milling about _______ my head, but I can’t settle down to work on any one of them.
A. in B. on C. of D. at
148. The more considerable effort you _______, the more likely to success you will be.
A. give B. get C. make D. have
149. I don’t know if she _______ offense what I’ve just said, but I didn’t mean to hurt her actually.
A. brings B. does C. gives D. takes
150. It has been a long time since the last time we have got such a _______ crop as this year.
A. booming B. bumper C. bingo D. beloved
151. By the year 2055, Vietnam will have succeeded in _______ illiteracy in not only big cities but also smoe remote areas.
A. eradicating B. eroding C. erupting D. erring
152. The number of wild birds in this area has decreased _______ in the last 10 years.
A. intensely B. dramatically C. constantly D. cruelly
153. All we need for the time being is the project going _______.
A. quickly B. considerably C. probably D. smoothly
154. Never before have I written code for a computer program; however, today I’ll have a go _______ it.
A. at B. in C. to D. on
155. Anna, my best friend at high school is the only person I find it easy to _______ my opinion with.
A. throw B. share C. express D. give
156. We have got only 2 days to prepare and then _______ a presentation about animal testing.
A. get B. take C. give D. put
157. As the camping site is often crowded on the weekends, we will arrive early to _______ space.
A. bring B. save C. have D. come
158. To _______ to the development of the whole country, we should try our best to study from now on.
A. contribute B. construct C. conquer D. congratulate
159. Seeing that there is a ____ vacancy in that company, I immediately applied for that position.
A. work B. labor C. job D. stuff
160. You have to be _______ competitive to do well in these subjects.
A. highly B. strongly C. extremely D. seriously
161. We couldn’t hear anything because of the _______ noise of the drums the next-door neighbours were playing.
A. interesting B. exhausting C. deafening D. boring
162. The director informed that no candidates _______ all the criteria for the administrative position.
A. completed B. fulfilled C. achieved D. suited
163. We’re punished for not submitting our outline on time as the task _______ was too difficult.
A. assigned B. done C. taken D. reminded
164. The government must _______ decisive action against environmental pollution.
A. make B. have C. take D. apply
165. Many of the world’s largest cities are _______ polluted and some are permanently covered by a cloud of pollution.
A. practically B. strongly C. virtually D. heavily
166. I really don’t _______ the point of taking the exam when you are not ready for it.
A. take B. have C. mind D. see
167. If the examiner can’t _______ sense of your writing, you’ll get a low mark.
A. take B. bring C. make D. understand
168. I would prefer to go to university and _______ a degree in International Studies, rather than start work.
A. make B. pursue C. do D. pay
169. Helen is much more confident with her English now. She can actually _______ a conversation with her teacher in English without difficulty.
A. keep B. do C. improve D. hold
170. In Australia, on Mother’s Day, the second Sunday in May, children prepare and _______ their mothers ‘breakfast in bed’.
A. cook B. serve C. display D. present
171. At the church ceremony, the couple has to_______ their wedding vows.
A. make B. have C. pay D. do
A lot of generous businessmen have _______ valuable contributions to helping needy people.
A. done B. taken C. made D. given
172. Volunteer organisations are generally small-staffed, so they need to _______ lots of volunteers for a huge event.
A. employ B. recruit C. research D. catch
173. You’d better _______ a commitment to being a volunteer on a regular basis.
A. promise B. do C. make D. pull
174. When you get involved in a volunteer project, you are able to _______ your knowledge into practice.
A. take B. put C. bring D. push
175. Football superstar David Beckham has a huge _______ for kids in need.
A. head B. strength C. memory D. heart
176. Our performance was _______ to be the best one in this competition last night.
A. cheered B. appeared C. judged D. seen
177. The local celebrities joined hands to _______ a fund-raising campaign for charity.
A. solve B. conserve C. come up D. launch
178. After many weeks, his solo album _______ a profound influence on the youth all over the country.
A. remains B. maintains C. becomes D. persuades
179. Our band needs to _______ our nerves to perform in this music competition.
A. control B. conquer C. calm D. lose
180. That disable boy’s victory in the race set the _______ example to all students in the school.
A. finest B. first-class C. rarest D. most convenient
181. The flight from London to Rome was _______ cheap. It only cost 20 euros.
A. ridiculously B. really C. utterly D. strangely
182. Some people love her new book, others are very angry about it. It is _______ controversial.
A. highly B. strongly C. timely D. urgently
183. His father was a pacifist all his life and was _______ opposed to war.
A. highly B. strongly C. timely D. urgently
184. The exam results were _______disappointing for the whole class. We had all expected to do much better.
A. strongly B. bitterly C. timely D. deeply
185. When I realised how much my selfish behaviour had upet everyone, I was _______ ashamed.
A. strongly B. bitterly C. timely D. deeply
186. In the 1990s she ran a(n) _______ successful company which made outstanding profits.
A. highly B. strongly C. timely D. urgently
187. Everyone got more than 95% correct in the test; it was _______ easy.
A. ridiculously B. bitterly C. utterly D. strangely
188. You must apologise immediately. It was a(n) _______ stupid remark to make.
A. deeply B. bitterly C. utterly D. strangely
189. That you should even think that I would steal money from you is _______ ridiculous! You must be crazy!
A. deeply B. bitterly C. utterly D. strangely
190. Thanks very much. I’ll return the _______ one day.
A. debt B. favor C. appreciation D. good
191. The author of the book _______ an unusual position on the topic.
A. adopts B. adapts C. affects D. arranges
192. The writer of the article _______ his opinion very clearly.
A. explains B. states C. declares D. announces
193. I _______ firmly to my belief in the importance of basic human rights.
A. keep B. take C. hold D. put
194. The book _______ some key questions but fails to deal with them in a satisfactory manner.
A. rises B. arises C. raises D. boosts
195. “Look at that player! He kicked Ronald”. Yes, that was a _______ foul.
A. deliberate B. determined C. calculated D. planned
196. She’s just made a move higher up the career _______.
A. steps B. ladder C. lift D. staircase
197. Hundreds came to _______ their last respects to the dead president.
A. pay B. have C. express D. indicate
198. The deputy _____ charge in the case of the robbery.
A. did B. was C. took D. made
199. All the research has been carried out proves beyond any _______ of doubt that smoking can seriously damage your health.
A. shade B. shadow C. reflection D. protection
200. The daughter has yet to realize that her mother suffered from a _______ death when she was only two years old.
A. disastrous B. messy C. fatal D. tragic
Mời thầy cô và các em tải file word tại đây: